2008年10月2日 星期四

From Washington.D. C. : Ooops...Structure plaese???

Oct. 03. 2008


Sandra,


Thank you for your introduction - I am very happy and honored to be your mentor. My promise to you is that I will do my best to help you and guide you in whatever way you need so I hope we can have open and honest communication J First of all though, please let me know what your expectation is in terms of communication. Would you prefer to have phone conversations? Email? IM chat? I’m not sure what your schedule is, so you need to let me know when and how frequent(once a week, bi-weekly, once a month) you wish to have communication. Once we determine that, we can start thinking about structure and topic of our conversations.


Even though our backgrounds are different, it sounds like our interests are similar. I am also very interested in arts and culture – I took private violin lessons for thirteen years and took voice lessons for three years. I’ve also done dance (ballet, jazz, hip hop, ballroom) and even though English is my first language, I also speak other languages – Japanese(I lived in Japan as a teenager), French (I went to French school in Canada) and Chinese. Interestingly enough, our job sounds a little similar too. We can probably talk more about that during our phone meeting but it sounds like we both deal with $’s and manufacturers.


I’m so happy to hear you are thinking of coming abroad later. Have you ever considered coming to USA or Canada for your internship? Or maybe you prefer to go to Europe, since that is more closely related with arts and culture. Let me know what your thoughts are on that!


Thanks,


Catherine Bedeski

沒有留言: